RSS

Thursday, May 6

Work it out!

I ordered some workout videos from Amazon.Com recently, with low expectations. Since I've been disappointed by past videos (assorted from Yoga to Balance Ball to Cardio) - the main failing seems to be they don't actually make the vidoes for fat people....

so, I ordered four of the 'Biggest Loser' vidoes. I figured if on the TV show (which I have never actually watched) people who are fatter than I can do the exercises, and lose weight, so could I.

I popped in the first (Quick Start), which is bascially 10 minute exercises sets targeting different things, cardio , upper and lower body, abs and stretches... and cardio level 1 kicked my ass. 90% of the moves were easy enought to do, but still kicked my ass on stamina, which is improving. It was also nice to see people exercising on the video who weren't models -- in fact they ranged from thin to chubby to fat (they all did better than me). It was nice to exercise, and the tapes despite being hokey were "fun".

Last night I popped in the "real" exercised DVDs (30 minute routines at 3 different difficulty levels) - Cardio, Sculpting and Boot Camp to watch - just see how intimidating they were so I could procrastinate... but after watching a few minutes of Cardio level 1 i rewould it and did the exercises, kicked my ass again, but I could do it, and as the trainer says "if you dont have the endurance, scale it down, jog in place - just keep moving and keep the heart rate up and it will still be beneficial cardio exercise",

I completed the video with very few 'alterations' felt great and actually, stragenly enjoyed it. Recommend.

Was fully ready to do another round when i got home from work, but MAJORLY stubbed my toe - as in possibly broken, then when I tried to tenderfoot around it i stubbed a toe (not bad) on the other foot, so it's no go on the exercise for a few days, and I am HONESTLY bummed.

0 comments: