RSS

Monday, October 4

The Day Before

Today I am on CLEAR Liquids only (apple, cranberry or grape juice), water, crystal light, iced tea, broth, jell-o and popsicles. Nothing after midnight.

I have stuck with water, tea and LOTS of Jello (i think I had 3 servings) and I'm fine. I think it helped that I didn't wake up hungry and at noon I  had to take Milk of Magnesia. (2 oz)

I had both shots down OK (they taste like toothpaste) then about 1 minute later they totally disagreed with me and I regurgitated them. ( I think this was due to my gag reflex and sensitivity to thick liquids) so I had to go to the pharmacy and get some more. One the advised was 'Magnesium Citrate' which is thinner, tastes marginally better (I got cherry flavored), is pretty cheap, and apparently a LOT stronger... so instead of taking the entire 10oz as directed, I took half since a) I had been on all liquids for 2.5 days, and b) I didn't want to risk dehydration... needless to say it worked pretty fast... and the more water/liquid you drink afterward, teh better it works. The only downside was it was carbonated (just plain strange) and had a strange aftertasted, it sorta tasted like carbonated cough syrup meets thos liquid lollypops we had as kids.

For me, I had plenty of warning before a BM, and 5 hours later I was able to go shopping for about 1.5 hours with no emergencies.

Too easy, and still no nerves.

0 comments: