RSS

Sunday, October 3

The Final Countdown

My original surgery date was 10/8 - a date I handpicked for maximum convenience... It was a Friday, and this particular Friday I didn't have to work because the Monday (which I never work) was a holiday. I would then take the following week off work and have 11 days off work to recover.

Now, with the date moving up 3 days, and taking the remainder of the week off, I get only 6 days. Not so excited about less time, and I wanted to be on more normal foods before returning to work.

My surgeon isn't as evil as some out there, abotu 10 days liquid (including full liquids) then 7 days mushy and then gradual progression to whole foods... I've seen some poor Bandsters that had to do each phase for 2, 3 and even 4 weeks. Yech!. For me, the sooner I'm on a more normal diet the less I'm a grumpy monster, and therefore can be around other humans. I'm scared the hungry bitch will come out at work, which would be bad.

So, in addition to trying to run around and get myself set for the surgery and lifestyle change itself (need to get mug warmer and mason jars - necessary to keep things warm while eating, and easier to pack meals for work), chewy vitamins, food scale, etc... i ALSO have to re-sign my lease, schedule repairs, carpet cleaning, exterminators and maid service, do a whole truck load of laundry adn dishes... move EVERYTHING except appliances out of my kitchen seal my closet in case they decide to bug bomb, prepare to move myself and my animal into my mom's house for my recovery and deal with other, personal stuff. And I have only this weekend to do it .... i have to be at the mom's by 12pm Monday in order to take the Milk of Magnesia and get settled - no way i'm driving after the MOM.

It's crazy, but It's not affecting my emotions towards the surgery at all. Move the date up 3 days? Still totally chill - not nervous at all, no time to ready the house? Still chill. Maybe there's something wrong with me.

0 comments: